Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation Program Manager
Job Title: Program Manager
Date: March 2017
Department: Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
Reports To: Program Directors
The Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
The Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation (Leadership Foundation) delivers high quality programs that educate and inspire leaders to engage in issues critical to the region’s success. The Leadership Foundation, an affiliate organization of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), educates and inspires people who want to make a difference as leaders in the community through a portfolio of leadership programs, including Leadership Denver, Access Denver, the Leadership Exchange, Impact Denver, Colorado Experience, the Leadership Alumni Network, and the Colorado Leadership Alliance.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will manage and administer, in partnership with the respective Program Directors, the Access Denver, Impact Denver and Colorado Leadership Alliance (CLA) programs. Work on other Foundation programs and projects as directed. Represent the programs to the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation Board of Directors, committees and the community at large.
1. Responsible for leadership program planning by identifying the most compelling content, using innovative instructional design, in collaboration with Program Directors. Tasks include; content research and issue identification/prioritization, budgetary planning, volunteer coordination, marketing, research, participant application/selection process, speaker coordination, fundraising coordination, logistical planning and program staff oversight for Impact Denver, Access Denver and CLA.
2. Identify the best instructional methods to meet programmatic objectives and participant needs.
3. Serve as facilitator of each session which can include speaker introductions, participatory learning exercises, facilitating Q&A and managing small and large group processes.
4. Active fundraising, including recruitment and management of corporate sponsors as well as managing grants and pursuing new grant opportunities. Responsible for sponsorship communication, tracking and benefit fulfillment.
5. Provide analysis and evaluation on programs and community impact for Executive Director and Board of Directors.
6. Current and prospective program participant, speaker, partner and sponsor communications.
7. Maintain and execute program recruitment strategies for Access Denver, Impact Denver and CLA in collaboration with the marketing and communications staff.
8. Develop mutually beneficial partnership opportunities with local nonprofits.
9. Perform other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation/classroom teaching skills. Ability to deliver clear content, assess the needs of the participants, and respond to dynamic experiential learning challenges. Adept at a variety of learning delivery methods.
- Three-to-five years of experience in program management, program design, or community outreach.
- Demonstrated experience in developing concepts and strategies for new program development and curriculum design.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with success keeping initiatives on track and on budget.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated success at developing and executing innovative experiential learning programs.
- Strong and demonstrated connection to the Leadership Foundation and its mission and the ability to articulate that passion to others.
- Tech savvy and systems understanding.
SKILLS: Excellent writing and editing skills across a variety of communication platforms. Excellent presentation and oral communication skills. Content curation skills. Working knowledge and experience securing and negotiating sponsorships. Project management, including budget development and oversight. Ability to operate as an effective tactical thinker as well as a strategic thinker. Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives. Strong team leadership skills and engagement. Detail-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines. Awareness and understanding of key Denver Metro area community challenges. Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computer, scanner, digital camera, projection unit, printers, copier, phone.
Normal business office environment. Must be able to travel efficiently to off-site meeting locations throughout the Metro Denver area; must also be able to travel out of state as needed.
This individual will need to work outside the 8-5 pm weekday to staff events. These off-hour occasions are typically planned and known well in advance.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Intensive use of computer.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 5PM, March 15, 2017
Qualified applicants send a complete application package to include cover letter, resume, salary expectations and references to: email@example.com
Attention: Stephanie Samano
Incomplete applications will not be considered.