The Denver Metro Chamber Commerce is recruiting for a new President and Chief Executive Officer. For more than 150 years, the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce has been a leading voice for Colorado’s business community. The Chamber is a powerful and effective advocate for both small and large businesses at the local, state and federal levels.
The President and CEO by authority granted to the Board of Directors, serves as part of the leadership team of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce along with its affiliates, the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation, the Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation, the Denver Metro Small Business Development Center, the Colorado Space Coalition and the Colorado Competitive Council. This position has the overall responsibility for all programs, planning and operations and defining the current and future economic landscape of the state.
1. Responsible for the overall management of the organization and the long-range strategic planning and focus of the Chamber. Manage a highly effective and efficient senior staff and organization. Develop and submit a strategic Chamber business plan that will sustain and enhance the organization’s revenue to support the goals of the Chamber and its affiliates.
2. Maximize and leverage a strong Board of Directors relationship and provide the strategic leadership necessary to assure full Board participation. Maintain regular contact with and advise the Chair and the other Chamber officers (Past Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer). Work with Board members and senior management on developing and executing policy and economic development strategy. Plan and organize Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and other meetings as appropriate.
3. Continue the leadership and support of the organization’s regional economic development efforts through the business attraction, retention and workforce development efforts of the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation. Maintain and enhance the strategic and diverse partnerships and alliances in place with all local, regional and state partners.
4. Responsible for leading the Chamber’s political and advocacy activities and, as such, has regular dealings with top political and elected officials on the local, regional and national level.
5. Effectively and in a bi-partisan manner, represent the business community at all government functions and venues. Regularly meet with elected and administrative officials (at all levels) on public policy matters affecting the business community. Involve the Chamber in ballot issue campaigns that impact the business community or important chamber priorities.
6. Be accountable to the Chair of the Board of Directors on behalf of the membership of the organization, ensuring positive results for the Chamber and its affiliates Serve as a principal spokesperson for the Chamber in all venues, pro-actively and reactively, with a goal to enhance the Chamber’s overall image.
7. Represent the Chamber before various conferences, conventions and business groups as panelist or principal speaker. Become “the face” of the business community throughout the region/state.
8. Represent the Chamber at all appropriate civic, cultural, charitable, business, and community activities. Serve on boards, commissions, committees and organizations related to areas that are critical to Chamber goals and interests.
9. Perform other responsibilities as needed and assigned.
10. Draft position statements, speeches, testimony and other materials in the course of his/her daily duties.
Ideal candidate: Currently serving as the top executive of a comparable organization, preferably a non-profit in the Denver Metro/Colorado area, with a proven track record of success. A Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, finance, non-profit management or related field (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of seven years broad-based business experience is required. The successful candidate will possess experience in developing and successfully implementing its strategic plans, supervisory experience and superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated experience with managing budgets and evaluating financial statements. In addition, the candidate has demonstrated political acumen, respect and expertise, necessary to operate within these political circles.
For confidential consideration please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com .